Use and Collection of Information
Cloak & Dapper collects customer information in an effort to improve our customers shopping experience, to communicate with our customers about our products, services and promotions, and to enhance and improve the performance and accuracy of our operations and website. We collect information such as your name, e-mail, and postal address when you place an order, when you save your information with us or when you participate in a promotion. Cloak & Dapper may use your information collected online to process and fulfill your order. We also collect e-mail addresses at various locations within the site including when you order from the site so that we can send you any necessary e-mail messages related to your order. Unless you ask us not to, we may also contact you with marketing and promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us at email@example.com. In addition, we maintain a record of your product interests, purchases and whatever else might enable us to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online and in our store(s). Cloak & Dapper does not make identifying information available to third parties, including business partners, for marketing purposes without your affirmative consent to the sharing of such information; however, we may transfer collected information to third party contracted service providers who use that information only to conduct Cloak & Dapper business. For example, a third party may handle Cloak & Dapper’s credit card processing, shipping, data management, email distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 without the receipt of parental consent.
Cloak & Dapper may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. These files allow us to tailor our website to reflect your listed or historical preferences. We may also use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
Most web browsers allow web users to exercise control over such files on their computers by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying the user when such a file is stored. Please refer to your browser’s instructions to learn about those functions. Please note that if you disable or delete these files you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable. We may connect the information we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide us for purposes such as:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales; or
- To monitor your use of the Site in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously.
Your Personal Account
You can always review, update and remove your personal information by logging into the website and accessing your account. Please firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with reviewing, updating or removing your personal information. When you update your personal information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Cloak & Dapper works to protect the security of your information during order transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts order information you transmit. While we implement these and other security measures on our site, please note that 100% security is not always possible. You play a role in protecting your information as well. Because your password permits access to your personal information, please keep your password secret and do not disclose it to others.